Washington: Looking for Bantie Cochin pullets/hens

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TrystInn, Nov 19, 2010.

1. TrystInn

TrystInn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    We have a lonely Bantie Cochin cockerel who is hoping we can find him some ladies. We live on Whidbey Island, but are willing to drive to neighboring counties on weekends.

Thank you.

2. sheilawagner

sheilawagner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Pacific NorthWest
    Hello TrystInn,

We live on the Key Peninsula, in Gig Harbor, and I do have a flock of birds, which includes 2 Cochin Bantam hens that I can sell to you. I saw your "wanted" post on BYC, and I want to help you out, I feel bad for your solo boy. Maybe if you like my girls, you can buy them to keep your boy company.

My girls are very pampered here, they have a nice warm chicken house, plus an acre to free range, high quality feed and kitchen scraps, and I hope you will be able to let them free range at least a bit if they come to stay with you. I would feel better knowing if I parted ways with them, they would have a good quality of life with you. I raised them since they were chicks, and are very tame and used to being carried around.

Here are their names and pics. Both of them were hatched on July 6th 2010. So that makes them 4 months old. They are just about to lay, because one of their sisters, Ebony (whom I'm deeply attached to and therefore not selling) has just started laying yesterday. She gave me an egg which was slightly bigger than an marble, and I treasure it like a Christmas gift.

Anyway, here are the girls,
    [​IMG]
    This is Goldie. She is a gold frizzle Cochin bantam, and more rare because of her frizzle coat. She is very docile, friendly and she eats out of my hands. I will be asking $25 for her.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Goldie pecking with Ebony, and a partridge Silkie juvenile

[​IMG]
    My snow white girl, Ivory. She is very quiet and friendly. Very gentle as well. I will be asking $20 for her.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Email me if you'd like to consider them, or you can call me. 425-246-3109

I care for my chickens a lot, and love them a lot, and I hope that if you do want them, you can give them a good life too.

Sheila Wagner

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I have 22 MFC eggs to ship out tomorrow 11/24. PM me asap if you want them. $50 + $15 shipping, PP to: [email protected]
    Birds can be seen on my website

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by