Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hinotori

Silver Feathers
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Apr 27, 2011
Graham, WA
Hinotori-beautiful variety. What breeds do you have?

Wheaten ameraucana,bunch of EEs, and hatchery brahma and new hampshire in my big girl pen.

I have partridge silkies and am attempting to figure out who's all carrying the resessive white so I can remove them. That said, this white cockerel is showing promise and is very photogenic.

I love silkie boys. As a breed they are so laid back around people.

That egg picture was Chickielady's. She's got much more variety than i do

Last edited:

pennyJo1960

Yippity do Da Yippity ay
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Dec 29, 2015
Mossyrock, WA
I just love it when I am not on for a few days and there are like 65 unread posts!! It's like Christmas morning.
Understand that I popped on yesterday afternoon there was 27 new posts
have to whine I went to the chickens with snow pup went to take two eggs from the nest
**** arthritis in my hands I dropped both and they broke

Last edited:

MargaretYakoda

Songster
7 Years
Jan 28, 2013
Irondale, Wa
Understand that I popped on yesterday afternoon there was 27 new posts
have to whine I went to the chickens with snow pup went to take two eggs from the nest
**** arthritis in my hands I dropped both and they broke
barnie.gif

MargaretYakoda

Songster
7 Years
Jan 28, 2013
Irondale, Wa
Today. Most of the chicks are growing pretty fast. We have a runt who was indistinguishable from the other Jersey Giants at hatch, but developed what looks like a hernia or something about four hours after hatch. (I checked for open navels or any other deformity at hatch and spotted nothing odd on any of them) anyhow.... The runt is now about 75% the size of the rest of the brood. I am watching for mushy belly but so far no signs of that. But so far she's as active as the others so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyhow, here they are:
0.jpg

Babybockbock

Chirping
Apr 1, 2016
Candled my eggs today 11 out of 12 are doing great!

The one who didnt make it had a small crack that was not seen untill we candled. So far im really happy!

One was a bit smaller than the rest and one had an air sack a little out of place but all veins looked strong. 2 more weeks to go.

I am so anxious!

Last edited:

MargaretYakoda

Songster
7 Years
Jan 28, 2013
Irondale, Wa

Top Bottom