Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

TahomaChickens

Chirping
Nov 25, 2021
@TahomaChickens Hey there! I'm in south King County (~20 minutes or so out of Tacoma with no traffic, not that that exists) and have 2-3 pullets (1 of them laying) I'd be willing to sell. I'm also currently raising 3x 6 wk old Sapphire Splash chicks that will be ready to integrate with larger chickens around January. Feel free to PM me for pictures or more info if you're interested!

If not, no worries, we're always happy to make chicken friends in the area - you're welcome to come check out the setup we use for quarantining pullets & the setup we'll use to integrate a small batch of chicks into our main flock (which is basically a 8'x4' pen alongside the main run so the chickens can see each other for 2-3 weeks before integration). We also have some extra hanging Omlet waterers/feeders if you want them. Our only request is that you wear clothes you don't normally wear around your chickens, to reduce potential spread of disease - we'll also give you shoe covers for maximum biosecurity!
This sounds great! I'll shoot you a DM (once I figure out how to do that in this system! 😂)

PopoMyers

Songster
Aug 19, 2020
Kitsap, WA
I am done with my Verizon $190.00 a month bill ! In the next month we are switching to Xfinity mobile, Ive heard nothing but good stuff about them, and we already have Xfinity TV & internet, so bundling will give us an even better price, and our phones are now paid off. Crap! For the Verizon bill I could have another car payment !
Seriously, my current car payment is $179.00 a month.
I am DONE with Verizon !
I just switched to Mint mobile and paid way less than I thought I could. If you don't need a hotspot, check it out. I'm all about being frugal so I can spend the extra for feathered fun! I think for 10MB the actual price can be $35/mo. paid ahead.

GrandmaDeKorte

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Mar 8, 2014
We ditched phone, satellite, and crappy dsl last year because we just didn't use them.
So what do you use???
We have had HugesNet for 9 years, its 60.??a month and bundled with Dish Welcome Pack total is 101.00 mo.
pure talk gives a discount if to have AMAC or AARP
we pay $40 for unlimited on 2 phones

Hinotori

Silver Feathers
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Apr 27, 2011
Graham, WA
So what do you use???
We have had HugesNet for 9 years, its 60.??a month and bundled with Dish Welcome Pack total is 101.00 mo.
pure talk gives a discount if to have AMAC or AARP
we pay $40 for unlimited on 2 phones

We are heavy data users on our phones. Were the type of user that the high end plans are made for. We pay so we don't have speed throttling like all the low end unlimited plans.

The dsl available out here was frustrating because it was so slow. Were are better off using a phone hot spot if needed.

We had Dish for a bit, but it's not worth paying for if you cant remember when you last turned the TV on.

We didn't have TV for the last decade hubby was in the Navy by choice. Just dvds and vhs. It rather broke the thrall that TV puts on so many people. We simply don't have any desire for it anymore. I'd stream the occasional documentary off PBS or Discovery back when they first started putting them online in the mid 2000s.

We read a lot and have a few games.

Top Bottom