Wasn't meant to be.

JayDe

Songster
10 Years
Aug 5, 2009
Lithia, FL
We started off with the spike in temperature and then things seemed to be going well... Today I was gone and my daughter's rambunctious cat flew through the room, knocking over our incubator smashing all of the viable eggs.

I can't blame the cat, it's my fault, there really isn't a room I can keep the eggs in that the cats can't get in because our place is so small. The temperature fluctuations outside have made the porch a no-go, so the living room was the only option.

I'm not restarting for a while. I think I'll just go buy some silkie chicks instead. This has been very traumatic.

3572.gif

What a bummer!

What a rotten thing to have happen.
sad30.gif
Sorry about your eggs and I hope you will be able to hatch some in the future!

My cats almost accomplished wrecking a hatch. The eggs were on day 17 when a cat must have used the incubator as a launching pad to get somewhere else and slid it to the edge of the table. Luckily that was the limit of the cord and the incubator stopped leaning off the edge, slightly cracked open, and with all the eggs and water rolled to the end hanging off. The water drained out the bottom vent holes or it would have soaked the eggs. I was able to right everything and still had a pretty good hatch despite the fact I have no idea how long they were hanging off the table with the incubator unable to maintain temperature.

simply put the cat outside the house, if (s)he keep come back, just give him/her a ride about 1 km and (s)he won't be back again,

but in case, (s)he can come back after being throwed 1 km (that's miracle, i think (s)he have a GPS
roll.png
) , then perhaps rude, but still not hurting him/her, put (s)he inside a cannon , fired it, (s)he won't come back anymore since even an old cannon from WW II can shoot to a range of 50km.
big_smile.png

My trailer is the same way, we found out. Someone had to keep an eye on it the whole time because as it got warmer in the day, we had to adjust the temp and when it got cool at night, same thing. The closet it will be, if there ever is a next time. For now, we'll get chicks
smile.png

And..no shooting the cat needed. It's not her fault she has no room to run in here... I blame myself for having it where I did. It's just depressing when you've worked so hard and we were only about 6 days away from the hatch..

Back
Top Bottom