Wasps Help me please!

ChickenLover WI

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 5, 2012
Willow Creek Farms
Wasps in my chicken coop! There used to be nest in there but I knocked them all out of there 3 days before I got my chickens and I used spray. Now there are 3 wasps in there right now on there window with my 3 OB'S and 1 Blk Star. What can I do to kill them that won't hurt my 15 weeks old chickens? I don't no how there getting in there my be the window. Every summer here we get so many wasps and even in our own house errrr.

I just went in there and used a can of wasp spray to kill the wasps. Then wiped it clean and picked up dead ones right away. Can says safe for animals when dried. Hopefully there won't be anymore wasps in there for a while but there will be soon I'm sure..

Cooking spray renders them flightless and your birds will clean up the casualties if you let them.
WD 40 works also.

Last edited:
I have found that burning the nest with a match and leaving it will prevent their return. I think that the scent of the burnt nest is the deterrent. If I burn it and knock it down, they return.

Chris

Why don't you want your chickens to eat wasps? Mine will eat any they can catch. I don't think they even get stung and if they do it doesn't bother them.

Back
Top Bottom