Wat is this? Very small Chicken - hen black w/a few gold specks on head and wiings

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Marty1876, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

My daughters pet hen, shipped as extra fancy from a hatchery order few years ago died, and she want more of these.

Small yellow/gold specks on a mostly black chicken. A yellow blotch on her head. Pure black everywhere but the specks on head and tops of wings. She was only about 6" high, and probobly didn't weigh more than 9 oz. She was barely bigger than our quail. Half the size of a silky. She was quiet, and made an excellent pet, and lived in her arms and a birdcage, since she was so much smaller.

Not as upright as a seabright, just like a tiny dark picture of a leghorn, but very very little comb.

Any ideas? IF I had names, I could at least go find pics

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Maybe an OEGB or some kind of gold laced mix? She could have been a Sebright or an Japanese bantam, hatchery quality birds may not have the upright stance SQ stock would have. It's really hard to help without a picture, do you have one of her?

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    maybe a dutch? they are very tiny. which hatchery did you order from? not all hatcheries sell them.

4. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

Hello?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by