Watching Rocky II

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Jul 4, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

His trainer made him chase a chicken, white leghorn to be exact "when you can catch a chicken, you are greased lightening". Truer words were never spoken. [​IMG]

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

[​IMG]

3. debilorrah

Of course at the end, he caught the chicken.

4. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    They should've had him catch a pig. Chickens are a lot easier.

5. debilorrah

Quote:Never tried to catch a pig, but I know it takes two of us to corner the chickens. Big coop here. We always try to run them into the hen house. Much easier that way.

6. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Rocky wasn't chasing my chickens.

It's more like watch out because they will catch you.
    Walk in my yard carry their feed can, you will be attacked.

7. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Yep, I like that part too! [​IMG]

There's also a part in Beverly Hills Ninja where "Haru" instructs the hotel employee/ninja wanna-be to chase and catch the chicken if he wants to become a ninja. (the chicken is also a White Leghorn, LOL)

I don't know what's harder to catch... Mediterranean chickens or pigs! They're both really hard! (I've had experience with both, LOL)

8. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Quote:Never tried to catch a pig, but I know it takes two of us to corner the chickens. Big coop here. We always try to run them into the hen house. Much easier that way.

Takes at least 2 to get them in. They got to know what they're doing too. Once they're in the coop it's easy except for the occasional wing beating. Turkeys are the same way but are a lot stronger. If you let their wings get away from their body they beat you to death.

If a pig or 2 gets in the open, about the only way to catch them is to actually tackle them. They just don't have anything to grab onto and they are a lot smarter than a chicken. I can't even begin to figure out how people catch a greased pig.

9. debilorrah

Takes at least 2 to get them in. They got to know what they're doing too. Once they're in the coop it's easy except for the occasional wing beating. Turkeys are the same way but are a lot stronger. If you let their wings get away from their body they beat you to death.

If a pig or 2 gets in the open, about the only way to catch them is to actually tackle them. They just don't have anything to grab onto and they are a lot smarter than a chicken. I can't even begin to figure out how people catch a greased pig.

[​IMG]

I know it takes two of us to chase the chicken into the right spot. Like I said, the coop is really large.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by