Watching them Hatch!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rebelcowboysnb, Feb 4, 2009.

1. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

2. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    I can't seem to get the live cam to work. Congrats on your hatch [​IMG]

3. rebelcowboysnb

Sorry, windows firewall desided that it didnt wont no one watching. Think its fixed now. 2 hatched 2 more hatching now.

4. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    That is amazing! Just beautiful. [​IMG] I logged in just in time to watch two chickys hatch. What's really fun is the curiousity of the chicky's who have already hatched and fluffed. They're watching and rooting for their sibs to pop out of their shell!

I found myself biting nails over the first of the two that I saw hatch struggle to get off it's back and onto it's belly. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

5. rebelcowboysnb

[​IMG] I'm glad I got it fixed in time to see it my self. Good to know someone else got to see them hatch. Hopefully more will hatch. These were eggs that weren't turned the first week so what has already hatched is amazing but I think I can make out another pip or two.

6. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Awww! Just checked back and all four are fluffed out now... and I think I see a new pip!

7. CHICKEN little 1

CHICKEN little 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    W.V.
    Congrads!

How cool is that![​IMG]

These guys seem pretty well behaved. I hate when they go nuts,and start knocking the other eggs all over,and you can't do anything about it.

8. rebelcowboysnb

They have pushed them around quite a bit but all in all there not being all that abusive.

9. rebelcowboysnb

Well I had 6 hatch. I opened the rest an had two that were hatching size, two early quitters an 2 infertile. The 6 that did hatch are healthy... Not bad considering I left the turner unplugged till there 6th day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by