~ Watching Your Chickens Is So Pleasant! ~

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    This morning I let my baby chicks out, and fed them. Then I sat down and just watched them for about 10 minutes. It was so peaceful and quiet. I could hear my keets chirping happily, and hear my chicks peeping happily. I could see them running and flying around chasing bugs. I can't tell you how pleasant that was. It got me ready for today's work! Okay, I'm done. Just though I'd share. [​IMG]

2. Catstar68

Catstar68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    [​IMG] Wonderful!
    I love sitting with my chickens, just being quiet and watching them express their 'chickenness'.
    The World would be a better place if everyone would just stop and watch the chickens. [​IMG]
    Watch the chickens eat the flowers...'get out of the flowerbeds, you fowl heathen hoard!!'. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I have a Buff Orp hen that hatched out 1 lil' chickie out of 19 eggs, and she is the best momma hen ever! I don't have to feed them anything! She finds it tons of bugs and stuff! She is so funny to watch! The momma will catch a bug and give it to the baby and the baby doesn't know what to do with it so he just runs around with it in his beak! It's hilarious to watch! lol [​IMG]

4. Catstar68

Catstar68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    Mine do the same thing. They have no idea what it is but they aren't going to share it!

5. St-Hubert

St-Hubert Chicken Convert

Apr 6, 2010
    Anniston, AL
    I've heard it called "chicken therapy" on this forum, and I have to agree wholeheartedly. Doesn't matter how bad of a day I had, or how grumpy of a modd I am in....I grab a cup of coffee and sit down in the run with the girls for an hour or so and life is much better. [​IMG]

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I love watching my flock too. It's better than watching television sometimes......they can be so comical!

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:X2 ( Even though we don't have a TV that we can watch shows on, we only have a TV that we can watch movies on. [​IMG] )
    I Agree!

8. hen-at-home

hen-at-home Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    North Central MA
    Whole heartedly agree!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

9. silkiechick236

silkiechick236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I'm a big fan of "chicken therapy" [​IMG]

10. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    I don't have any chickens at present, but watching my neighbours chooks has been pleasant and unpleasant.
    A reason why it was unpleasant once, I was watching their flock from my favorite climbing tree, soon I was in a way mesmerized, that I didn't realize what I was sitting on, a very thin branch in a very high tree. What happened was me having a big and high fall with chickens at the bottom looking at me from the other side of the fence as if saying "Why did you do stupid?".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by