Water and feet? (ducks with socks Pics!)

classroomducks

Songster
10 Years
Sep 19, 2009
Fort Worth, Tx
Ive been taking my babies out for a swim the last few days...they have been loving it!

Look at this little mallard dive! And only 4 days old!

41516_august_24-sept_18_298.jpg

41516_august_24-sept_18_296.jpg

They are eating the bugs that fly into the water and the grass...they almost beg to be let out of the brooder now.

41516_august_24-sept_18_297.jpg

But i have a question...do his feet look ok? Im not sure if this is normal or not. They all kind of look like this...are they sores, or is this just what duck feet look like?

41516_august_24-sept_18_302.jpg

sorry the picture is not good, its hard to take a picture of the bottom of their feet.

Last edited:
No, Thats not good at all. What do you have lining the bottom of the broody? Duckies feet are very soft right not, as well as mallable. You have to be careful that they dont become deformed.

Im not sure. I just use regular hay and newspaper. Can you get a clearer picture of the sores? Also , you might want to post this in the injures and emergencies section

41516_foot_1_1.jpg

Most of their feet have little small cut/sore looking things. But I have no idea what could be causing it or how to fix it. They dont seem like they are hurting them...they still run around and splash around just fine...any suggestions would be helpful
idunno.gif

Are there any loose wires? Id suggest covering half the floor of their brooder with something else. I wish I knew what that was so I could help
hit.gif

i dont know what could have burned them...and they all have them...not just one...someone in the emergency said maybe an allergy to latex? is that possible? and if it is, again, why would all of them have it? Im so confused! i read somewhere that they dont have nerves in their feet...is that true? Gosh I'm all worried about them now...I dont know what is causing it or what to do...
barnie.gif
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom