water at night

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Stacyoung13, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Stacyoung13

Stacyoung13 Songster

Apr 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, Florida
    hi guys, do I need to put water in my ducks house at night? or will they be good til morning?

2. LlamaGirl4

LlamaGirl4 Songster

Nov 2, 2018
    NW Ohio
    How old are your birds? What been the temp at night where you’re at?

3. DuckyDonna

DuckyDonna Songster

Aug 26, 2018
    Dallas, Georgia
    No, you do not unless your ducks are very young. It will only make a great big sloppy mess for you to clean up. However, when our weather is very hot in the summer I do put a 1/2 full bucket in their pen but I put it on a tray and tie it to the hardware cloth so they can't tip it over. I know you're in Florida but I doubt its that hot now.

4. LlamaGirl4

LlamaGirl4 Songster

Nov 2, 2018
    NW Ohio
    Oh you’re smarter then me! Lol I didn’t check her profile to see where she was located my bad.

5. DuckyDonna

DuckyDonna Songster

Aug 26, 2018
    Dallas, Georgia
    Ha, but you were smarter than me to ask how young they were. I didn't think about that until I saw your post! :ya

6. Stacyoung13

Stacyoung13 Songster

Apr 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Draka, girl, is almost 5 weeks, (I pick up Saturday), and Mr./Miss Duckles is 6 days old. Obviously Duckles won't be going out for a little while. I'm new to ducks and am trying to learn all I can. I know chickens don't need water thru the night. Just wondering about ducks before I have one out there. The lows here have been chilly, low 40s high 30s, but only for a night or two, then it's 50s. No real cold yet. I am in process of building house for them, I'll post pics.

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Feathered friends are awesome

So your not keeping them together so they can bond? What breed is Draka Is she fully feathered? Have they met?

Ducksandchickens and LlamaGirl4 like this.
  8. Stacyoung13

Stacyoung13 Songster

Apr 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Draka is a 5 week old Black Swedish, she is almost fully feathered. I saw her last night :love, I will be bringing her home Saturday. I plan on letting them meet and play thru the day, but ,Draka will have to go in the duck house, and Mr./Miss Duckles will go in the brooder. At least til feathering. So do ducks need water thru the night? Or can they wait til morning?:idunno

Ducksandchickens and LlamaGirl4 like this.
  9. LlamaGirl4

LlamaGirl4 Songster

Nov 2, 2018
    NW Ohio
    They should be fine until morning

Ducksandchickens likes this.
  10. LlamaGirl4

LlamaGirl4 Songster

Nov 2, 2018
    NW Ohio
    If you give them water in the afternoon then they should be fine

Ducksandchickens likes this.