1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

water bottles?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by mhwc56, Sep 29, 2010.

1. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

does anyone know where i can get the ends for soda bottle waterers ?

2. joe125

joe125 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
  3. joe125

Sep 20, 2010
    I use them on up to 24 oz. coke/pepsi product bottles. Forget about the overpriced filtered/spring water bottles, because the mouth is to short

4. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Thanks Joe.. but why "at least a dozen" ?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  5. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    http://www.klubertanz.com/

has
    the screw on type in their catalog it is page 31 I have used the bunny waterers with great success they are available from southern states or walmart

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  7. joe125

Sep 20, 2010
    Quote:Thanks Joe.. but why "at least a dozen" ?

Welcome [​IMG]
    Because...if you need one thing, you need at least 4 or a dozen of the same things for raising birds. That and the fact that the shipping charge is the same for 3 as it is for 12. Joe logic, is hard to explain. [​IMG]

Shelly has found a deal for a single purchase of a dozen pop water bottle waters! That's is a deal on 12 Shelly. Thanks for the heads up [​IMG]
    I just normally order 4 or more, as well as egg cartons and other things, so the shipping charge is aggregated, but that's just me. I'm also not to proud to beg-off some of the stupid "Shipping charges".

8. GBov

GBov Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    How do you teach quail to use them? Having failed to teach the dog (who is suposed to be a smart animal [​IMG]) to use one I would hate to buy them and have them sitting in a drawer somewhere.

9. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Quail figure it out [​IMG] If they are curious they will peck at it and voila! water! [​IMG]

10. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    the type that just pushes onto the pop bottle the water is visable to the bird not much to teach there . the bunny waterers you squeeze the bottle it puts a drop on the metal tube then the birds find it

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by