Water cups comparison

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ngoko, Dec 9, 2016.

1. ngoko

ngoko New Egg

Dec 7, 2016
    I've never seen or used drinker cups, I searched ebay for drinker cups and found the following cup types

This one
    [​IMG]

And this one

[​IMG]

I know the first cup works by pressing that yellow thing but the second cup doesn't have that. How do they work.

The first type are expensive while the other one are not that expensive-, does this mean the second type isn't that good and reliable?

I need help comparing and buying the cups. I have about 150 chickens so how many cups do I need?

Thanks.

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    @ngoko , welcome to BYC! Sorry, i know nothing about the products you mentioned.

-Kathy

3. ngoko

ngoko New Egg

Dec 7, 2016
    Thanks for your reply @casportpony maybe someone knowledgeable will show up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. gary f

gary f Just Hatched

Aug 20, 2017
    ngoko,

I see that no one replied. I'm guessing you found out how the 2nd cup works. I just happened to see how it works on youtube.

The weight of the water pushes down on the release valve inside the cup stopping the flow of water. As the chickens drink, the weight lessens and the valve opens up letting more water out. Pretty clever.

Gary

5. Patinas

Patinas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2017
    Washington
    Those are really cool but seems like it would be pain to clean them out depending on how many you need. I assume they get stuff in them like regular waterers and also would get slimy over time. Otherwise, looks like great way to keep fresh water flowing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by