Water Froze last night...augh!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by honeydoll, Jan 3, 2010.

1. honeydoll

honeydoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Stark County, NE Ohio
    Well it got below 5*F here last night and our water froze. I left it dripping, but to no avail. So we can't go to church because we cannot clean up and my DH is at the store buying water. We live in a fixer upper, lots of work done already but our main water line from our well pump is under 6 in. of concrete so we rigged a line temporarily with heat tape but it froze. CRAP! Just whining a little. It's been a bit of a rough week, Christmas was GREAT and so was New Year's but I've been really sick and my neighbor's chickens our living in a tree by my porch, I think 6 have already froze to death and the other is crowing sadly freezing. They have no real coop for them. It really breaks my heart to see them suffer. Whole different story already posted elsewhere but it bugs me, so I am just kind of ranting. Sorry for being so whiny today. [​IMG]

2. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    God Dont Care If You Are Clean..and Rescue That Chicken!

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Ive had several today an one yesterday come here to fill water jugs. Mine was running all night an will be for the next week. I also have a hot bottle of water siting on the pond trying to melt a hole in it for the ducks an chickens. A hammer is not working this time.

4. honeydoll

Jul 14, 2009
    Stark County, NE Ohio
    Quote:Yeah, I know. But....well no excuses I guess. Shoot now I have guilt too. THanks. [​IMG] Just being silly.

5. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

Quote:Wheres yer trusty fire axe?? A few well placed hits should yeild a hole inthe ice and some good entry practice. [​IMG]

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I took a bigger hammer out there an opened it up. I may need the axe for the one that the horses use.

Side note. In 13 years I never used a fire axe.(sept 1 car windsheld) There show peaces. I had a 500 pound partner an what ever he touched moved out of our way........... An we had a chainsaw [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  7. honeydoll

Jul 14, 2009
    Stark County, NE Ohio
    Umm....this may be a stupid question but what's a fire axe? [​IMG]

8. suburbanminifarm

suburbanminifarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    N.San Diego County
    Call that neighbor up and cry a little on the phone and tell him what a bad morn you are having, and that you are sad watching his bird freeze, then bring it in the house! Sorry about your day, I have never even been in cold like that. Cali native.
    And yeah what's a fire axe?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  9. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

The ones like you see on fire trucks and are one of the stanard symbols of fire service. The head is like a normal axe on one end and the other tapers to a point. They are intended to be a tool of distruction.

[​IMG]

10. honeydoll

Jul 14, 2009
    Stark County, NE Ohio
    Ohhhhhhhh...... now I get it -- fire axe. [​IMG] Duhhh

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by