1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Water gun idea: thank you!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kareninthesun, Aug 19, 2011.

1. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    I've lost track over reading so many posts, but for whomever posted the idea for using a water gun to keep chickens off of porches: thank you!!!! It works! Crack up watching them on on side of the yard, even if no one is outside, they run like crazy to get to the other side, off the cement. Who would have thought?

2. pixiechick44

pixiechick44 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2011
    Hey there.....I used a water gun on my jack russell,he kept annoying my chicks when they first went outside...He would try and snap at them through the fence...Now we only have to touch the water gun and he runs a mile....Its very funny to watch....Debbie from Michagan...[​IMG]

3. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Won't work with my dogs, they love water. Can't even turn on the hose unless I lock them inside, and had to remove the faucet handle, they learned to turn it. When my lab was young, had to remove the ladder to the above ground pool. Since the pool was five feet high, she couldn't jump it. When I went inside to move laundry from the washer to the dryer she somehow managed to chew a chunk loose and flooded the whole yard. I was not happy. The pool was less than a month old. Luckily, she's turned out to be a great dog, and faux mom/protector of the flock.

4. dichotomymom

dichotomymom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Dayton Indiana
    My only gripe with my free rangers is that my porch has to be sprayed down every day.........my girls hate the broom. I just hold it up and tehy go running.

5. laturcotte1

laturcotte1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    I have a roo that attacks me every chance he gets. One morning while filling water dishes he came at me and I got him good with the hose, not once but twice. Thought that taught him a lesson, the next time he just snuck up behind me and got me that way. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by