Water Heaters

"Little Giant" makes a heated water base you set your metal waterer on to keep it from freezing, but I have also used heated dog bowls to keep the water liquid......

20922_dscf0060.jpg

Last edited:
By going to
http://www.google.com
and putting in
tank heaters catt,le

Tank Heaters
www.ThomasNet.com Find A Variety Of Heaters Online. Search Locally by State or Zip Code

these all came up
generally it s a nice size heating compartment that keeps the water from freezingin the tank
Glenda L Heywood

Tank Heaters Suppliers serving All States/Provinces
Displaying: 1 to 25 out of 295 results

to
Thermal Devices - Mount Airy, MD
Distributor, Manufacturers' Rep
http://www.thermaldevices.com/products/shopping/products.asp?subcategoryID=...
I thought you were wanting cattle or horse tankheaters?

I had metal chicken waterers and a metal base for mine.
They can be gotten at

Smith Poultry & Game Bird Supply Home A family-owned business that offers poultry and game bird books, supplies, vitamins and medication. Located in Kansas, US.
www.poultrysupplies.com/ - 164k - Cached - Similar pages
Water Founts, Bucket Bases, & ...

Smith Poultry & Game Bird Supply

14000 W. 215th St., Bucyrus, KS 66013-9519

Ph. 913-879-2587 Fax. 913-533-2497

they have every thing for poultry

Last edited:
For ac power, just get one of those coffee mug warmer things. You can find them at the thrift store for a buck or two.

Solar power? It's DC. You'd need some big storage and an inverter, or a large cell to run a heater off DC current. And then what do you do on those long, dark wintry days... followed by longer frigid nights?

If you are intent on heated water, know that it only needs to stay above freezing. Were not making tea for the chickens here.
So you dont need a lot of energy.

I've seen everything from lightbulbs to the aforementioned coffee warmer. It would probably be simpler, and cheaper to run a wire out there.

Thanks so much! I did mean for the chicken waters, like the ones for horse/cattle. But I see what you mean now.
bow.gif

Last edited:
My friend found an old crock and put a heat lamp in it with the light facing up and then set the waterer on top of that and he said it worked like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom