Water Inside Air cell???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Griffin Nest, May 18, 2011.

1. Griffin Nest

Griffin Nest Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    California
    Hey BYC!

i've been incubating eggs for 6 days now. (the embryos are looking great!) In the eggs, the air cell, however, looks as if it has water inside it. every time i tilt the egg, it looks like water squished around and the air in the air cell moves. Will decreasing the humidity solve this problem? on day 4, I accidentally put WAY to much water in the incubator, and the humidity went from a perfect 45% to 80%!!!!! Will this hurt them? Will it do anything bad to the shell?? Let in a virus?? [​IMG]
    I'm too scared to open and take apart the entire incubator to let the water out, but I have to because there's water inside the air cell I have to get rid of!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Hi! Just take out the eggs and dry the excess water out. As long as you do it in a timely manner (a half hour or so), the eggs will be fine out of the incubator. The high humidity isn't a killer unless you don't fix it.
    It sounds like the air cells have been knocked out of whack and are wobbly. I've never seen that here except with shipped eggs.
    Good luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

3. Griffin Nest

Griffin Nest Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    California
    Quote:yeah they ARE shipped eggs lol i wish i had a farm nearby XD sadly i live in the city were the nearest farm is 4 hours away [​IMG]
    thanks anyways!! [​IMG] i'll try to do that

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by