Water line broke, gas leak in house but animals doing ok.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kuntrygirl, Mar 29, 2011.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Someone that is doing work at my house called me a few minutes ago and told me that he had some VERY bad news to tell me. I was like, "WHAT, what happened! Are all of my animals ok"? He said, "Yes". Then I said then there is no bad news but you can tell me what you were calling me for. He said that he was trying to change the knob on the outside faucet and "something" broke and now water is running in the walls inside of my house. He also said that he smelled gas in my house. I asked him again, "So, the chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, sheep, goat and rabbits are ok right. No one is dead right"? He said, "All of the animals are ok". I said then all is good. Call the plumber and the gas company and I"ll see you later. [​IMG]

Do you ever have any of those days when nothing seems to bother you? As long as your animals are doing ok and your family and friends are healthy and doing fine, life is good. [​IMG]

Just wanted to share that I am having a great day. [​IMG]

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Wow. Guess all I can say is that if it had to happen, I'm glad it happened when you were having a good day!

I would be [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. newfoundland

newfoundland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Good for you and your attitude. We have a saying - 'Nothing matters very much, and most things don't matter at all'. Remember this when you are stressed.

4. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    We are still putting our house back together from a water leak in the ceiling Dec 1, 2010. Lucky the water was only a few inches deep and not enough to drown our Lab or Aussie. [​IMG] [​IMG] Although we have considered training them to put on life jackets should this ever happen again.

Glad your animals are ok and hope the damage is minimal.

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:x2... someone scared me like that and I'd prolly whack them upside the head... once my heart stopped sputtering that is.

6. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:x2... someone scared me like that and I'd prolly whack them upside the head... once my heart stopped sputtering that is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by