Water mixtures

The reason people use ave is for the vitamins and minerals it provide...it's probably best if you don't double does them per se.

I don't use anything but good old fresh, plain water. Just me, I guess. The exception would be for newly shipped chicks or adult birds that have been hurt, sick or stressed - then I just use a little Poultry Nutri-drench to give them a needed boost. But for no more than one day in the chicks' water. Strong chicks don't need it and it can cause diarrhea if they get way too much.

I add nothing to water. I use a fresh feed with prebiotics and probiotics, and toss scratch grains on the ground twice a day, what they can consume in 10 to 15 minutes. I also recently started to let them out to free range two hours before sunset in good weather. GC

I add nothing to water. I use a fresh feed with prebiotics and probiotics, and toss scratch grains on the ground twice a day, what they can consume in 10 to 15 minutes. I also recently started to let them out to free range two hours before sunset in good weather. GC
I do that as well.

Back
Top Bottom