water nipples

Vian

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 8, 2013
I just called the feed store and asked if they had the water nipples as I'd like to switch my 6 week old chicks to this kind of waterer soon. The lady I talked to said that the ones they have claim to be 360 degree water nipples, they can be used from any direction? The description makes it sound like they can be used on either the bottom or the side of the bucket and will work. Has anyone heard of a nipple like this?

Yes, sounds like vertical nipples, which must be mounted on the underside of a bucket or pipe. Horizontal nipples must be installed on the side of a bucket or pipe. I'm not aware of a nipple that can support both orientations. The horizontal ones might work installed on the underside, but I haven't tried it.

I ended up ordering a set of 5 horizontal nipples online. I'll probably only need to use 1 or 2 for my 4 chickens, so I'll keep the remaining ones in reserve in case something happens to the waterer and I need to replace it or something.

I ended up ordering a set of 5 horizontal nipples online. I'll probably only need to use 1 or 2 for my 4 chickens, so I'll keep the remaining ones in reserve in case something happens to the waterer and I need to replace it or something.

it never hurts to have back ups!

Back
Top Bottom