Water sluable mineral supplements for chickens

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Jake Levi, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Jake Levi

Jake Levi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2011
    Harrisville, MI
    I made a typo in the heading, left the o out. We cant edit the subject line apparently.

For the first time ever I have a vet diagnosed mineral deficiency in a couple of my young roosters, fall hatched.

I have been feeding a commercial crumbles grower ration to them. Both developed foot problems, the foot bending under, and their not supporting weight with it.

The mineral is Manganese.

I have been supplementing once a day Centrum silver, a half tablet , ground up with a teaspoon of water then fed with a syringe. It is working, faster on the younger one.

I am looking for a water soluable mineral supplement to feed all of the chickens, if two had it all are vulnerable or have the deficiency.

I did change the grower ration to the egglayer one which has more manganese, I will ration the grower out in smaller amounts to my turkeys.

So I am looking for the mineral supplement. If I have to I will use a liquid vit and mineral supplement for humans, but prefer one for chickens.

Suggestions?

Jake

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  2. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    You might want to look at First State Vet Online. They have a lot of vitamin and mineral supplements specifically formulated for chickens. Hope this helps.

3. Jake Levi

Jake Levi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2011
    Harrisville, MI
    Thanks, I will go look for them.

Its appreciated.

Jake

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by