Water Snakes aka Water Wigglers to Share

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SusanJoM, May 20, 2008.

1. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

I spent some time last week checking in Wal-Mart and at the Dollar Tree and could not find any Water Wigglers or Water Snakes.

So, I just went online and bought a dozen from a party store. Total with shpping comes to $24.00. Dumb broad, huh....well...maybe....

Anyway, if anyone wants some of these guys for $2.00 plus postage, I'd be glad to share. No way am I going to need a whole dozen.

Also, remember that I have just ordered them. They are not here yet. As my Mom used to say "there's many a slip 'twixt cup and lip". If they arrive as expected, I will update this and let you know they are REALLY available. Meanwhile if you want one or two, just post and they will be available first come first served.

Susan

2. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Ihave never used one but have always wanted to check it out. So put me down for one, if that's OK. When you get them LMK and I'll PP the $$

3. SusanJoM

Okay BDR, you are first on the list.
    I'll let you know when they are here.

Thanks for letting me know this might have been a good idea after all.

Susan

4. SusanJoM

Okay, my box of 12 water wigglers just arrived with the UPS man.

If anyone wants one or two or three, I'll be glad to share them.

BrokeDownRanch, I already PMd you.

Susan

5. debbyluvschickens

debbyluvschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    At the risk of sounding stupid.........what the heck is a water wiggler???

6. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    I'd love one.

Julie

7. SusanJoM

Okay, in a small package, they weigh about 6 oz, so the postage is about $2.00 and the wigglers cost me $2.00 each, so how 'bout $4.00. I know you can find them cheaper, but you do have to find them, so maybe it's still worth it to you????

If so, PM me and tell me if you want Red or Yellow or Orange or Green and I will either give you an address for mailing me a check or address for PayPaling me a payment.

Susan

8. SusanJoM

Debbyluvschickens: Water Wigglers are toys but they have another use for people using incubators. I have never used one, but I'm going to try one. The way I understand them is that they allow you to put the probe of the thermometer into them and put them into the incubator. The temperature that you get from that probe is (because it is encased in fluid) a more accurate indicator of the temperature inside the incubating egg than the thermometer that is reading the air in the 'bator.

That's all I know.
    And maybe someone else can clarify it more for you.
    And/or do a search here. That's how I found out enough to decide to look for them.

Susan

9. debbyluvschickens

debbyluvschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    OOH okay. Thanks

10. SusanJoM

That's it.
    I shipped half of them out today and I think I'll hold onto the other half in case of burstage...

Thanks for helping me out, ladies.

Susan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by