Water spewing out of pullet beak

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mamatink7, Nov 23, 2016.

1. mamatink7

mamatink7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2016
    Ohio
    We've only had these 4 silver laced Wyandottes for a week. One of them drains water out of beak after drinking.
    Is this because she's drinking to much to fast? These are the new girls to the coop so they come down off rafter 3x a day to drink.
    Husband thinks she's throwing up, but it's out of her beak for sure.
    Thanks!

2. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

How did you first introduce the new Birds? Did you separate them for a week in a look no touch pen?....She is possibly drinking to much at a time?
    A bit stressed to move.....Put out more food and water stations....If they are not fighting? Just give them time....

Cheers!

3. mamatink7

Apr 6, 2016
    Ohio
    separate for a week. Think just stressed and drinking to fast now that you said that is a possibility. Put peepers on everyone and 1st time all girls down and pecking around together!!

4. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

5. mamatink7

Apr 6, 2016
    Ohio
    thank you so much!yes, I'm hoping so. She only did it once today but I noticed she drank a ton then flew up on me to put her in the rafters again. Our original golden laced wyandotte is still scared to be down with the others as she always got tormented but I think it'll take time. Her depth perception is off so she's unsure of grabbing stuff or not.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by