Water spray fountain for chickens

Saaniya

Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
Hey guys ..
It's been so so hot here in new Delhi from 2-3 days about 37-40C

My roosters were badly panting they seems heat hardy as they feel comfortable in 29C but yesterday holding their wings out beaks open I was aware it's overheating ..it was 37

So my dad arranged a Spray shower for them today & I think they are in relief ..they don't pant today at all ..

Whenever they were out we turn on the water spray ..it sprinkle water like lite raining feeling both of my roosters seems running in rain . and they didn't show heat stress will do this thing till summers I want to ask our BYC people is it okay ...as this is just beginning of summer it will last till September and temperature will be stay to 37-40 or above with humidity both of my chickens are indor .
I'm giving them cool chilled water .
With frozen grapes , melon yoghurt and watermelon .

Hope summer will pass it out without any thing serious

On the hottest days here is Canada (which isn’t many) it can be very humid, and thats the hardest on the chickens. I use a cupcake bake tray and put canned or fresh corn and water in each hole and freeze the tray that way we always have a delicious frozen treat for them on a hot day. They love their chicken popsicles!

On the hottest days here is Canada (which isn’t many) it can be very humid, and thats the hardest on the chickens. I use a cupcake bake tray and put canned or fresh corn and water in each hole and freeze the tray that way we always have a delicious frozen treat for them on a hot day. They love their chicken popsicles!

Ohh really I will try that too I freeze grapes today they love it :D

Misters or water sprayers don't do much good in a humid climate.
Can you get some poultry electrolytes?
It really helps here during heat waves, I give a dose every few days when it's really hot.

Back
Top Bottom