Water, water everywhere is it safe?

puckpuck8

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 31, 2015
Lately we see lawyer ads for Camp Lejeune for poisonous groundwater and drinking water contamination. Way back in the 1950's to the 1980's.

It's also scary to think of all those chemicals used, to make our potable drinking water safe to use, at the municipal water treatment plants nationwide.
There has always been a controversy of Fluoride used. Read somewhere it is a by-product chemical used in poisons and in our drinking water.

What do we really know about our supposedly safe drinking water, we drink everyday and give to our livestock, like the chickens?
I use a basic water filter for home and the chickens. Better filters are expensive to buy on a fixed income.

Most common household water filters don't filter Fluoride out. You have to purchase an additional Fluoride filter or a very expensive all in one filter.
Water distillers for the home are small for producing lots of drinking water needed for an average family plus their backyard chickens.

Sometimes we decide whether to buy gas or food in these recession times. Water filters are kind of a luxury, added expense.

What have members used and found to be economically useful in today's financial crisis for safe drinking water? 🤔

This probably isn't the answer you are looking for but as I do not have a well and get all my water from my city, I consider my local water professionals in the equation. It so happens that here, they invest in the best municipal modern water systems, and so I choose to put my trust in the supply. (Trust but verify)

As for the flouride, I use a high flouride prescription toothpaste, so it would probably be silly of me to try to avoid it.

My hatred of sitting in the dentist's chair goes a long way! Anything that puts me there less, I will do.

However if I was on well water or didn't trust my community pros, it would be a different story.

I was raised to believe fluoride was necessary in drinking water to prevent cavities in our teeth, especially children. Without it, it was necessary to get fluoride treatments and of course, fluoride toothpaste. Studies actually found (so they told us) that children raised on fluoridated water had far less tooth decay than those who weren't. It's actually a standard practice. Unless... I'm out of touch? Have things changed re: fluoride in the past 40 years or so?

Back
Top Bottom