Water Wiggler for hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by clintonbemrose, May 15, 2010.

  1. clintonbemrose

    clintonbemrose New Egg

    Mar 24, 2010
    Mason, MI 48854
    I am just getting ready to place my test eggs into my bator and reading about other bators they talk about Water Wigglers! What are they and what are they used for??
  2. Rammy

    Rammy Chillin' With My Peeps

    Oct 20, 2008
    Water wigglers are used to simulate an egg. You get a Brinsea Spot Check with the probe and put it in the wiggler and set the wiggler at the same height as the eggs. The spot check will tell you approximately the inside temp of the egg. Finding the wigglers can be a task. It took me a month and six stores before I found them. I found them at a place called Deals! Other people have found them in Walmart or Dollar General. They are usually around a dollar.

  3. chickenlittle32

    chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

    Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    I have 3 of them in my incubator and use them with a thermometer/hygrometer that has a probe. Very accurate readings! Can get them at any dollar store..ebay....the tricky part is getting the probe to stay in the water wiggler lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by