water wiggler & LG thermometer is not accurate!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by beepbeepinajeep, May 12, 2009.

1. beepbeepinajeep

beepbeepinajeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Piedmont NC
    DH bought me a LG incubator for mother's day. (I had been using a homemade guerrilla incubator) I replaced the thermometer that came with it yesterday with a digital. Turns out the thermometer that came with it wasn't really registering temperature change very well. I am not having much (if any) trouble keeping it steady, thank goodness. I have a few questions:

Are there any incubators that have the thermostat tied to a digital thermometer (where it is set to keep it a certain temperature exactly)?

Do you make your water wiggler, or are there any available to buy? Our feed store said they don't sell them that most people make them.

Thanks!

2. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    i have no idea how one would possibly make a water wiggler. you can get them at a dollar store or perhaps at walmart.

and as for the position of the thermometer, i would set it st the same level as the top of the eggs [​IMG]

hope it all works out!

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  3. beepbeepinajeep

beepbeepinajeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Piedmont NC
    I think someone told me to fill an easter egg with sand or soapy water & put a probe (like a kitchen probe) inside of it.... that way you know what the temp is inside the eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by