water wiggler

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by b.hromada, Apr 2, 2009.

  1. b.hromada

    b.hromada Flock Mistress

    Please tell me where I can find a water wiggler? I know this may sound silly, buy, what exactly is one? [​IMG]

  2. AndreaGS

    AndreaGS Songster

    Sep 12, 2008
    West Sacramento, CA
    I've seen a lot of people say they got theirs at WalMart. You can probably check Target too, or a Dollar Tree or something. I've seen them at the Discovery Channel store. They're those little rubbery (think balloon) liquid-filled toys that slip out of your hands when you try to hold them. When you stick the thermometer inside, it'll give you the temp inside the eggs.

    I got impatient (checked WalMart and Target) and put water inside a ziploc bag, put the bag inside a plastic cup, and stuck the thermometer inside that. Voila! Makeshift water wiggler! [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  3. b.hromada

    b.hromada Flock Mistress

    thanks AndreaGS!! I know what they are now, my kids love those silly things! It's supposed to give you the temperature inside the egg, huh? Interesting, good to know, thanks again. [​IMG]
  4. killer

    killer Songster

    i gt mine at the dollar tree.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by