Waterer pictures please!

MamaAB

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 21, 2013
I am beyond frustrated with my water nipple system. In therory it should work great but the darn nipples I got were crap or somethign because the floor is constantly wet. I even made a little thing to catch the water with wire over it that seems to get water in it but they still get it all over the floor. It isn't that they are leaking its that to much comes out.

1. I need better nipples where do I get them?
2. I need a new idea thus asking you all to post pictures so I can come up with somethign that won't leak

Hook this to a hose, it has a float. I rinse it out and flush the water through ever other day or so. Super easy to use and clean. I have 41 chickens, it never runs out. I made this wire base, its on 2x4's to make it a little higher. I love this waterer! If it ever breaks I will buy another!

Hmmmm not sure if my hubby would like for me to run a hose right now i have two 5 gallon buckets I can fill up for my nipplers so somethign else has GOT to work ...sigh

Hmmmm not sure if my hubby would like for me to run a hose right now i have two 5 gallon buckets I can fill up for my nipplers so somethign else has GOT to work ...sigh

Hook it to a small rain barrel thats mounted up high. Fill it up with a hose. Easy as that

Last edited:
My girls are 10 wks old and this is how I water them. You can get these red nipples for about $3 for 5 on EBay shipped from China. My girls love them!

Last edited:
My girls are 10 wks old and this is how I water them. You can get these red nipples for about $3 for 5 on EBay shipped from China. My girls love them!

[/quote

The no drip upside down ketchup bottles almost has the right size hole. I did bust all the valve with a screwdriver and reamed the hole a little. A hot needle works well to poke an air hole. I have been messing with nipplers all spring before building something a little more permanent. Unless I can get them to work better I plan to use them outside only. They seem to be so messy and sloppy when they drink I fear the coop floor will never dry. I have only run them vertically...is there any way to get rid of the overflows? I was thinking about trying the cup style, but do not think I would fully trust any nipple system if I left for a day or two.

Last edited:
i just use the typical gravity waterer and hang it 1ft above the ground

i only have 5 chickens so a 1 gallon will last about 2 days.. but i clean and refill it each day

they like to lie under the waterer during the day.. since i guess it's one of the cool spots in the run

i just use the typical gravity waterer and hang it 1ft above the ground

i only have 5 chickens so a 1 gallon will last about 2 days.. but i clean and refill it each day

they like to lie under the waterer during the day.. since i guess it's one of the cool spots in the run

I have the TSC version of that waterer. I'm here now looking for ideas on replacing it since it always seems to leak or go empty for some reason. I bought 4 water cup/nipples but it's installed for the outdoor run; so I need to make one for inside the coop.

I have the TSC version of that waterer. I'm here now looking for ideas on replacing it since it always seems to leak or go empty for some reason. I bought 4 water cup/nipples but it's installed for the outdoor run; so I need to make one for inside the coop.

the $12 one?

this one is only $6 at petsmart.. but you will get what you paid for..
hmm.png

poor quality + 115 degree heat.. the cheap plastic is breaking apart..

after 1 month and 3 weeks..

i don't know what's the return/warranty policy for petsmart but there's really no quality control.. but then again it's $6.. so..

tractor supply is quite far from me.. and only petsmart sell hangable feeders/waterers around here

Back
Top Bottom