Waterers/feeders that are free of BPA, pthalates, etc?

truebluexf

Songster
8 Years
Apr 26, 2011
Since whatever my chickens eat I will be eventually eating in their eggs, I'm trying to stay away from things like PVC. Aside from galvanized steel, has anyone found any other feeders that fit the bill? I'd like to make a waterer with nipples, but I have to find the right kind of bucket or pipes that we can drill into!

i haven't seen anything for chickens free of BPA, and like you said what they eat we will eventually be eating I sure wish someone would come out with waterers and feeders with out it, I'd pay a little extra for it.

My dogs and chickens have a couple of stainless steel 5 quart bowls they like to drink out of. I've seen a lot of stainless steel buckets and bowls in all different styles for sale to be used in dog kennels. They last forever.

Hi, I am new here to this forum. I don't know a whole heck of a lot about chickens, but I do know a little about plastic. Most of those 5 gallon storage buckets are made from HDPE. I don't know of any that aren't, but I would still check. Anyways, HDPE is BPA free.

Thanks.
smile.png
BPA and PVC for my food scare me!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom