Waterers. You fav?

Simkie

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2017
I'm going nuts trying to figure out which waterer to use.

Requirements:

NOT nipples. My little flock drinks from them no problem, but they drink a LOT more without them. In this heat, I want to make sure they're well hydrated.

EASY. I can fiddle with seals and rings and valves but we do occasionally travel and asking a farm sitter to deal with something finicky is too much.

BIGGER. 3 ish gallons.

I have this one right now, but it's not big enough. But ticks my boxes on easy and not nipples.

I've been looking at this and this but no reviews. Does anyone have either?

Or this. Reviews look pretty good, but might be a little futsy to fill?

Anything else that I should look at? Feedback on the waterers I linked? This is so frustrating! (And does anyone else thing that these things just shouldn't cost forty bucks?!)

We are currently using this
Works great for our 30+ chickens! i keep that one in the coop then i have 1 gallon buckets outside. In the bantam run i have something similar to the waterer in the link, but it's a 1 gal.

Goggle “making an automatic chicken watered” as there are a number on the “net” using 5 gallon big box food grade plastic buckets.

You should be able to get by spending a total of 10$ - 15$. There is no need to pay those relatively high prices for a watered.

BT

We are currently using this
Works great for our 30+ chickens! i keep that one in the coop then i have 1 gallon buckets outside. In the bantam run i have something similar to the waterer in the link, but it's a 1 gal.

The reviews are SO mixed on those! Has been scaring me away. You don't have any problems with leaking? You don't find the seal at the top fiddly?

And your bantam one is like which link? There are several :)

Goggle “making an automatic chicken watered” as there are a number on the “net” using 5 gallon big box food grade plastic buckets.

You should be able to get by spending a total of 10$ - 15$. There is no need to pay those relatively high prices for a watered.

BT

Yeah, I'm not interested in nipples. Thanks though! I know they work for others but that's not what I want.

So glad you are anti nipple.. I really feel they don’t get enough water from those ,imagine drinking from a straw all day ?

I love these have one for every coop and tractor. Put them up on a stump to keep out sand and prefect . A little vinegar to clean it and done ...good luck

Attachments

• AAD6C3D9-006E-4E96-830D-59AC3CF4A279.png
    AAD6C3D9-006E-4E96-830D-59AC3CF4A279.png
    578.8 KB · Views: 25
We've used Harris Farms EZ-Fill Drinker, 5 gal., and Harris Farms Drinker, 3.5 gal. Both work well, and allow us to freeze milk jugs filled with water and place them in the waterer when the heat gets above 95 degrees or so. -don't know what your climate is like, but these stay cool well. 1020490.jpg 2167646.jpg

Back
Top Bottom