Waterfowl Pics

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by waterdog, Dec 1, 2010.

1. waterdog

waterdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Michigan
    Here are a few pictures of some of our birds
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    i wish i could have your smew

3. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Beautiful birds [​IMG] How long have you had your red-breasted geese ? Is that a recent pic of your ruddy? More pics please. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    Quote:i know right??!!! [​IMG]

5. destinduck

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    those are his web pics. Nice. Im wonderin how hes doing with his red-breasted and emperors for next year. [​IMG]

6. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Wow ! [​IMG]

7. waterdog

Oct 5, 2010
    Michigan
    The pics are all in the last couple of years the Ruddys are not colored out this time of year they color out in early spring. We have two pairs of breeding age redbreasted, and two pairs of breeding age Emperors. We are kind of nervous about this coming breeding season as the geese have all been moved to a new area this was a hard decision to move them as they have produced well in the old area but we added additional breeders in both ducks and geese so we needed the room. We seeded the area last fall, put the pen up this summer and moved the geese in the new pen about a month ago hopefully they will get adjusted over the winter. We have been keeping the redbreasted for about ten years now. The first five years we had no success with them but the last five years we have raised a few every year.

8. destinduck

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    yea.I noticed the blue bill [​IMG] I would think you would have no problem as long as you kinda duplicated their old set up and plenty of time to settle in to their new pen. Do you keep the emperors and redbreasted together?These and magellans are my favorite geese. I am trying to learn all I can about redbreasted geese from different people who have raised them. Any info you can share with yours is greatly needed and appreciated. [​IMG] Shawn

9. waterdog

Oct 5, 2010
    Michigan
    Quote:We keep all the geese in individual pairs. We have the main pen netted and then divide it into smaller about 25' x 25' sections with 3' shade cloth which acts as a sight barrier as well this is rolled up after breeding and they all spend the winter together. We have never kept the magellans would like to try them someday as well. I found a picture from a year ago of one of our redbreasted with there young, and picture of both pair earlier this fall.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. J3172

J3172 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Michigan
    steve do you let your geese/swans raise there own babies?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by