Watering dilemma....

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by CCourson05, Mar 16, 2011.

1. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    I have been trying to decide on a watering system for my 20+ chickens.... Any ideas? I am thinking about the buckets with nipples on the bottom. Can someone explain the process of making them, and does anyone sell the nipples on here? I would like to buy from someone on here before a big place... Just to support chicken advocates like myself.

2. amberflea

amberflea Songster

Jun 11, 2010
    Central WI
    The nipples work great, we have ours on a 4 ft PVC pipe with 4 nipples connected to a 5 gal bucket. There is another thread started here with some good info just yesterday on a gal looking for this same thing. Check out replies as someone does have the nipples and designs.

3. moetrout

moetrout Songster

May 5, 2010
    Milan, MI
    I bought my nipples from Neil here on BYC. I put 2 directly on the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket and hung it up in the coup. I also bought a small stock tank heater to keep it liquid in the winter. I am not sure hom much my birds are really using it. I bought 4 nipples and plan to make another one for outside. I think then I will have a better chance of seeing if they are really using it.

4. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Yeah, I saw the post yesterday, but it didnt really help me. If I buy the nipples from Neil, how do you install them to either PVC pipe or s bucket? That's my biggest issue in this decision...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by