watering nipple...

2emma2

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 18, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Where did you order your watering nipple? I don't think I have anywhere local to buy one so I am looking around online and I didn't know if it matters which one I use. I would like to hook pipe up to a rain barrel for a watering system.

I got mine from qcsupply.com - they have metal and plastic nipples as well as selection of screw-in and push in kinds.

Got mine at QC Supply and they work awesome......Got both screw-in and push-in style....Have them in the brooder for the chicks and in the run......Takes no time at all for them to figure it out....

I have the nipples in my brooder and now in my coop and it takes no time at all for them to pick it up......I rattled the nipples a couple of times and once they saw water they were all over it. Like everyone says with chickens, once one does it they all will....Love having them......I use stepping stones so they have an easier time reaching them and as they grow I just pull them out......I have one RIR that is a week or so older and so I really need the steps so they all can reach...The only thing I would do different is space the nipples out further in my brooder..They can crowd each other now that they are bigger....You will love the nipples no matter where you get them...

Back
Top Bottom