watering nipples

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by NoSkiveez, Aug 10, 2010.

1. NoSkiveez

NoSkiveez NoSkiveez Poultry

Dec 27, 2009
    Casa Grande
    My Coop
    I'm looking into putting in a watering system in. I considered this before and found a place online to buy watering nipples for under a dollar each. Does anyone possibly know which place I'm talking about? Or know another place to pick them up for a low price. I'm planning an extensive watering set up.

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Contact Neil Grassbaugh, here on BYC. He sells them inexpensively AND charges very little for shipping.

3. Boo-Boo's Mama

Boo-Boo's Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Ditto...had two orders with Neil...he gets them out fast and shipping is very reasonable.

4. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hi NoSkiveez, I got mine from Farmtek. Be sure to get the kind you need because there are various types depending on how you will mount them. I got the ones described here: http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/prod1;ft1_poultry_equipment-ft1_poultry_watering_systems-ft1_hoses_nipples;pgwc1030.html

I
    would also recommend getting the 9mm drill bit (as opposed to the english conversion, which is a bit off) if you go with the previously mentioned ones. Of course this all depends on how you are mounting them (pvc pipe or bucket). Here's a pic of my set-up where I have an old coleman cooler I use as the water reservoir so that I can add things to the water (ice jugs, medication, etc.).
    [​IMG]

I hope your birds are doing better! -Todd

5. Tofer76

Tofer76 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2010
    Carthage Il,
    Try www.qcsupply.com about 2 bucks a piece and shipping is reasonable well at least better than farmteks [​IMG] i bought 6 of each ( screw in , push in and stainless steel)

WARNING!!!!! the stainless ones can not be tipped upside down or the weight and nip will fall out and they hide in grass very well lol

found that out when i put them in 1.5 inch pvc and then tipped it up to move it swithced to half inch instead

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by