1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

watering nipples

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by smarquis86, Jul 23, 2011.

1. smarquis86

smarquis86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Yakima, WA
    We are looking into setting up either a PVC pipe or bucket watering system with nipples. Every place i look has a lot of shipping and I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that charged less than 10 dollars or nothing. Also, is a bucket or pipe system better?

2. Amethyste

Amethyste For Love of Boo...

I got chicken nipples on a 5 gallon bucket... I love it [​IMG] It works well for the number of hens we have.

I think there is someone on this board who either makes them or sells them or both...I can't recall. Good luck!!

3. Rooneytune

Rooneytune Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Tacoma
    I am looking for the same thing!! Hope you get a good answer [​IMG]

4. sben451

sben451 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Anniston, AL
    I believe the person on BYC who sells the nipple waterers is Neil Grassbaugh. Do an author search. [​IMG]

5. Smarcebird

Smarcebird Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2011
    Durango, CO
    Hey all -

You can get the nipples on avianaquamiser.com they sell the diy kits, also premade waterers.

Can also get them at farmtek.com, search poultry nipple. Think they are cheaper here, but shipping is more, so depending on how many you need.....

Just got some myself from the first place. Not sure if they are working well yet. Most have figured it out, but I'm still afraid to leave them without the big gravity fed messy one.

Good luck!

6. CandiceN

CandiceN Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    NH
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  7. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    How many are you looking for?

8. Deedrahsue

Deedrahsue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2011
    Fresno, TX
    Farmtek only charged me like 1.99 and I had the option to buy one at a time not 40 at once. It was crazy when we were doing it we found it hard to find anything under 20.00. We use a covered bucket system. :)) We had a little trouble in the start getting the older ones (1 1/2yr olds) to take to it, but the 5 month old chicks did take to it fine. We were also advised to put strawberry or tomato on the nipple in order to teach them initially. Good luck. [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Carter57

Carter57 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2011
    I have some shipping now. Shipping was almost as much as the the nipples. Will let you know how they work,

10. WatWasIThinking!!!

WatWasIThinking!!! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    I got mine from QCSupply for $1.18 pr nipple and only $6.25 shipping. I ordered 15 but you don't have to order that many. Very quick shipping also. Had them in 2 days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by