Watering system?

Well, perhaps they have improved over the years. 20 or more years ago, I used to maintain a system that had about 40,000 of them. And I found and replaced leakers every single day.

Lots of people here use nipple watering systems.... 5 gallon bucket with nipple waterers fastened to the bottom. Then filled with a float valve....

I am in a hot climate so I prefer to use the equivalent of an automatic dog bowl waterer. I buy a five gallon recycled rubber tub at the feed store then a Tank water float valve.... The valve fastens on with thumb screws and can be attached to water with a hose. They are roebust enough to handle the pressure from house hold.

My reason is there is always five gallons or so water in there the chickens dip their beaks and wattles in the water while they drink. And a muddy spot for them to get their feet wet to help cool em off in the summer.

One problem with all automatic watering systems no matter your choice will be when the pipes freeze. There are a couple of ways to work around that... Pex line will freeze without breaking unless its extreme cold temps. Insulate the pipes.... Techniques you use in your own climate...

deb

I bought on line 2 gallon water buckets and nipples and made my first chicken water bucket.. I have to say within 10 minutes the bjg chicks were using it ...keeps the water poop free love this..now I will be making a feed bucket to keep mice and poop free...will get pics when I take some

wow find that hard to believe mine does not do that and it is over the hardwire cloth so if it does drip goes to ground outside of coop. but I sit and talk and chat with my birds and never notice them leak unless chick was drinking ...

Back
Top Bottom