1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Watering

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by BillyRoper, Dec 14, 2016.

1. BillyRoper

BillyRoper Out Of The Brooder

Dec 14, 2016
    Arkansas Ozarks
    They might prefer it warmer, but I've found that so far when I leave one full water feeder int eh coop with them at night when I tuck them in and shut them up, it doesn't freeze like the outside ones do. Of course, I give them warm fresh water every day, regardless.

2. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

They do not require water at night in the coop/house......They sleep....If you can let them out at first light and feed and water they will be great............

Cheers!

3. BillyRoper

Dec 14, 2016
    Arkansas Ozarks
    Yeah, I usually let them out at first light when I'm about to take the kiddo to the bus stop, but it makes things faster getting my morning started if there's already a nonfrozen water container out there until it warms up and I make my rounds to give them fresh water later on.

4. chickens really

Yeah, if it is a heated Bucket it can be outside and filled at night....I have one for my Mini horse......Only fill it back up each night....

Cheers!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  5. BillyRoper

Dec 14, 2016
    Arkansas Ozarks
    I also have an inverted bucket automatic water dispenser that keeps a round tray along the rim full, they seem to like it.

6. chickens really

That is good...

Cheers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by