Watermarks on photos

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rilly10, Nov 11, 2010.

1. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    So I have noticed a lot of people on here have watermarked their pictures. I am terrible at computers and was wondering how to do this? I do not want people using my pictures with out my permission but can't figure out how to do it! Any help would be appreciated!

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

There are some free programs out there that you can download or you can also do it with the edit section of photobucket. I started making sure I did it to all my photos when someone stole one of mine and was using it to sell their eggs on ebay.

3. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Yes, there is software you can use or try out that are especially good if you want to digitally watermark them so that even if the visual watermark is removed, you can still link that photo to you. However, many sites will strip all metadata off of photos that are posted on them, so that might not work in all cases.

You can also create your own visual watermark using standard photo-editing software like Photoshop or Gimp (which is free). I think there are tutorials online that can better explain how to do it than I do.

4. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I do put watermarks on some pics, it is fairly easy to do with a photo editing program. I use an old program called Picture Publisher, and there are many out there which will enable you to apply watermarks. Try Googling to find some.

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I like that multiple effect. I try and do mine across the center of the picture so they just can't crop it out but small across the whole picture would make it really hard to remove.

7. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Thanks everyone! What a help!

8. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Quote:I like the multi-effect also, but they are too small(maybe I just need glasses). If you can't read it, pic snatchers may still use it. JMO

9. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Yea I thought it was a little small to but it was free so I couldn't really complain.

I like the ones I did my self with Ulead gif animator.

[​IMG]

10. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Quote:[​IMG]

The old program I use Picture Publisher, lets me type anything I want(font,size) and gives me a slider bar for the amount of transparency I want..which is pretty cool.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by