watermelon poop

tunaoftheland

Songster
11 Years
Jun 3, 2008
I gave my girls half a medium watermelon this morning. Plenty to go around with 14 chickens, I thought. Everyone can eat as much as she wants. Perhaps too much in fact. I went out this afternoon and there was pinkish, wet poop everywhere! I was close to panic when I realized what must have happened. So be warned when giving your chickens refreshing treats! Everything in moderation is not just an old saying after all
big_smile.png

Be aware of raspberries and beets also. I gave my chickens some left over beets and beet greens and everyone had redish poop. I also thought everyone was dying but on 'careful' inspection I could see that it was red color and not blood color getting darker as time went on. Big scare but can laugh about it now.

Blackberry poop is disturbing too
hmm.png

But NOT as disturbing as the time my dog ate an entire bag of peanuts without my knowledge (she is a kitchen counter thief). That was some majorly weird looking poop...I thought she was passing an internal organ or something. Thankfully I found the empty bag in her hiding area in the backyard before calling the vet and making an idiot out of myself.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom