Waterproof coat?

You didn’t mention if you want paint or stain/sealer. Sherwin Williams has a paint and a sealer that is safe for the chickens. Mine was originally the SW stain. While redoing everything I went back with a stain/sealer called ReadySeal. It’s oil based, soaks in fast and is odorless after a couple of days. So if the coop is empty, do whatever you are going to do now. with mine empty, I was able to spray the sealer to get good coverage.

Bought a coop today and have yet to set it up but I am guessing it will need a waterproof coating to keep better. Can anyone recommend what I should be using that is safe for chickens? Thanks
What material is it made out of...post some pics of it??

What is your climate?
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1679436546387.png

You didn’t mention if you want paint or stain/sealer. Sherwin Williams has a paint and a sealer that is safe for the chickens. Mine was originally the SW stain. While redoing everything I went back with a stain/sealer called ReadySeal. It’s oil based, soaks in fast and is odorless after a couple of days. So if the coop is empty, do whatever you are going to do now. with mine empty, I was able to spray the sealer to get good coverage.
Oh i am sorry! Its a painted one from tractor supply, picture above. So just need a sealer I suppose to hold up better in rain or anything? I just got it and wanted to do whatever I needed to do to it before I got the actual chickens which will be inside for a bit. Just planning ahead

What material is it made out of...post some pics of it??

What is your climate?
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 3439298
Cottage Poultry Hutch, 6 Chicken Capacity from tractor supply. It only really says asphalt roof, high quality wood, UV-resistant high-gloss paint. I am in NC and it can be humid here. Doesnt get super cold but I just thought maybe the coop would need more protection against long term rot or god knows. New to chickens so trying to plan ahead.

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    231 KB · Views: 1
I would go with a high quality exterior pain then. It shouldn’t take much for your coop. Not Valspar from Lowes or Behr from Home Depot. I’ve been disappoint by both with peeling. I prefer Sherwin Williams. I do handyman repair work and that is my go-to because it lasts.

I would go with a high quality exterior pain then. It shouldn’t take much for your coop. Not Valspar from Lowes or Behr from Home Depot. I’ve been disappoint by both with peeling. I prefer Sherwin Williams. I do handyman repair work and that is my go-to because it lasts.
So I would repaint it so to speak in color you mean, or a clear coat type of deal?

Back
Top Bottom