1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Watery Chicken Poop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Tiny Turtle, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Tiny Turtle

Tiny Turtle Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2016
    I have this hen who I believe is a red (Not quite sure what she is) star, when I was feeding them this morning I noticed her poop was basically water, nothing really solid in it. She has been acting a little slow also. I feel like this is because of a rooster I have, he has been tormenting the red star hens and they coop themselves up in the coop to stay away from him, I do plan on getting rid of him soon but the person I am giving him to isn't quite ready for him. Whats wrong with her? [​IMG] (A healthier image of her)

2. ambergds

ambergds Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2016
    Utah
    I had a few hens with water poop a few months ago so I took a stool sample to a vet for a fecal float test. They found roundworms. I treated with safeguard and the poop went back to normal.
    Can you take a sample to a vet? When is the last time your flock was wormed?

3. Tiny Turtle

Jul 13, 2016
    I'm not sure if I have any vets around here, but I'll have to see about treating it. Thanks.

4. chickluvinfreak

chickluvinfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Is her vent area full of droppings also? If so it's probably vent gleet, but if you can have her checked for worms that would be best. In the meantime you may want to put her on some probiotics and vitamins. Keep us posted on how she is doing and good luck :)

5. Tiny Turtle

Jul 13, 2016
    Thank you and I apologize for the late reply. I still need to get the stuff for her, but she doesn't look as bad as she was before, I am trying to keep a close eye on her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by