Watery Crusty Eye

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mburpo, Aug 10, 2010.

1. mburpo

mburpo Chirping

Jun 10, 2010
    Paragon, IN
    It's only the left eye... No other symptoms that I can tell:

[​IMG]

It also has a pot belly and bare (no fluff) on the breast bone.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010

2. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    antibotic in the water maybe. I use tylan. Is it just the eye? or any nasty smell or nose goo?

3. mburpo

mburpo Chirping

Jun 10, 2010
    Paragon, IN
    No nose goo or weird/bad smell, so as far as I can tell, it's just the watery eye.

4. zazouse

zazouse Crowing

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    looks like pox, they get them from mosquitoes

5. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Crowing

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    You can put one drop of Tylan in the eye twice a day. That should clear it up.

6. mburpo

mburpo Chirping

Jun 10, 2010
    Paragon, IN
    Well, they eye swelling had gotten worse, but it's stable, I guess. No other symptoms still, but some of the big birds have bubbly eye and gooey noses.

[​IMG]

All the big birds and little bird were bought at the same time/same place. So it's not from mixing birds from different environments and I'm assuming they all have the same thing.

I've been researching Coryza, but I don't notice any rancid shocking smell from them other than "chicken smell". I'm hoping this is something simple and treatable that will not be carried after it clears up.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  7. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    I use injectable but you say drops in the eyes. Is it powder or injectable that you are talking about? I have never done that but Tylan is awesome as an injectable. You can put one drop of Tylan in the eye twice a day. That should clear it up.
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by