watery nose's ?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by pinkwindsong, May 8, 2011.

1. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    hi everyone.
    at the beginning of last week I became the happy " flocker " of 3 EE girls 1 EE roo and one very odd looking little white polish. ages range from 4 weeks to 2/12 weeks old. then friday I bought ^ Wyandotte's jsut a few days olld from TSC. have them all together. noticed yesterday, Mee-beep, the white polish sounded "snotty- wet" he sneezed and blew out clear water and the sound wasn't made again. now today.. my two older EEs seem to not feel good. not eating as much as i would like them too ( but its been awful hot the last two days. ) and tonight when I had the girls out with me to do a bit of investigative adventuring, in the recently plowed garden. one of them had a clear water bubble out of one nostril.. is this something to worry about? should I start antibiotic water? the week old wyandottes all seem fine no water noise, ?

thanks for advice
    )O(
    Pink

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    are you saying you your oldest chickens are 4 weeks old? where did you get them from?

3. pinkwindsong

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    I got my EE's here in the upstate from a byc member/ breeder.. I bought them on last tuesday. Im just wondering if it isn't a bit of the cold nights ( 40's) and the High daytime in the shed gets at least 85. could it just be them having a hard time regulating their body temp with the weather temp? i will email my new friend ans see if she has any not feeling well.
    I do have a packet of antibiotics that i can mix with their water ?

)O(
    Pink

4. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    That would be a good idea then she be a breeder can tell you what would be the best direction to go since your birds are so young. Let us know what you find out, and I hope it is only minor. Do you have them under heat at night since it is so cool? and sounds like you might need to put more ventalation in your coop if it is getting that hot in there during the day.

5. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    sorry for double post [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  6. pinkwindsong

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    Quote:yes on the heat at night and yes I need more ventilation.. Ill work on that ... I had the EE's out all day today in a cage so my teenagers could get used to them had a couple standoffs but they were all safe..
    I did get a big kick out of the little 3 week old roo.. my dk bhrama roo came close to him and he puffed up and slung his wings back and hoped towards Lafiat... funniest thing he may be little but he's got Moxie.. I think the sniffles were better today with the girls.. and the little wayndotte all feel great and are growing like little weeds..
    thanks
    Pink
    )O(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by