Watery poo

Kaelewykoff

In the Brooder
Jul 12, 2021
My 2 ducklings between 1-4 weeks have been having watery poop. Is this normal?
Also wondering if eating their poop in the water is normal and will they be okay? Everytime I give them a bath they think it’s some kind of treat. Worries me when it comes to health

dont worry! this is completely normal for ducks to eat their poop! im not sure why but, yes, they do see it as some kind of treat.
as for the watery poop, your ducklings probably have diarrhea. it can be caused by bacteria, viruses, worms, or coccidiosis. they could've consumed some dirty water or if you have poor quality feed this can affect them. i would take them to a vet to see if they have coccidiosis or not because coccidiosis is a deadly parasitic disease if left untreated.

dont worry! this is completely normal for ducks to eat their poop! im not sure why but, yes, they do see it as some kind of treat.
as for the watery poop, your ducklings probably have diarrhea. it can be caused by bacteria, viruses, worms, or coccidiosis. they could've consumed some dirty water or if you have poor quality feed this can affect them. i would take them to a vet to see if they have coccidiosis or not because coccidiosis is a deadly parasitic disease if left untreated.
It’s weird Bc one time they will have watery. Then the next it’s fine

Back
Top Bottom