Watery pooh with green curddles

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mountainmamma, May 3, 2017.

1. Mountainmamma

Mountainmamma New Egg

May 1, 2017
    Sandymush
    One of my girls(app. 3 yrs. old) has been having watery poohs with green cuddles for awhile. On Friday I noticed some pooh with blood in the run, but can't say that it was hers, but the rest of the girls seem fine. She is eating, drinking and acting mostly like the others. She does, on occasion, fluff up like she is cold and has not laid an egg in a good while, but there again all but 2 of my 11 girls are not laying.
    I am getting new chicks the end of May and want to make sure that my older ladies are healthy. The chicks will not be with the others until they get much larger, then separated by a wire, but I want to be sure of the health before. I had wondered if it might be Coccidiosis, but thought that there would have been more than 1 day with blood in the pooh. I have the medication to treat it. What should I do? Thanks for any help.

2. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    casportpony has a thread on poop. It is great for diagnosis. If you post a picture and tag her she is very helpful.

3. Mountainmamma

Mountainmamma New Egg

May 1, 2017
    Sandymush
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by