Watery poop and soft eggs

Hayleytemplet

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 15, 2018
North Texas
I have a silkie that I'm not sure exactly how old she is but over a year. I bought her as an adult hen and have had her for about 3 months at least. She has always been a faithful layer since I have had her without any issues at all. Last week or the week before she laid like 3 soft eggs. I added some crushed egg shells and plan to get some calcium today to have out. She laid like 5 hard eggs again and then yesterday she laid a soft one again. She seems underweight but that's just by visual, I don't know her actual weight. She also has very watery poop. She seems to be eating and drinking fine but I haven't spent tons of time watching her to see what she is eating or how much. She free ranges and scratches and acts normal. I put Corid in the water to see if that might help the watery poop. I was just wondering if there was a specific treatment or illness that might cause watery poop as well as soft eggs?

I can take her to the vet but I'm trying to see if it can be something I can address since she doesn't act ill. She is the black one in front.

Attachments

• 16737136014654347376586833458819.jpg
    16737136014654347376586833458819.jpg
    842.1 KB · Views: 28
Does she have access to crushed oyster shell for calcium? Is she on layer feed? I would try some calcium with vitamin D for a few days to see if her shells get hard again. Is she near or recently completed a molt? Is she drinking a lot of water? Is her crop emptying overnight by the next morning? Runny poops could be from drinking more than usual, diet, worms, or a number of issues. Probiotics or a little plain yogurt innher diet might be helpful.

I will do the yogurt plan today. I also got electrolytes for their water today and got calcium yesterday and put it in her food. Hoping things start tur ING around.

Back
Top Bottom