Watery poop

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bella.., Apr 3, 2018.

1. Bella..

Bella.. Hatching

Apr 3, 2018
    My ducks poop has me worried. Idk how old he is exactly but he’s in between fluff and developing feathers. His poop is watery. Sometimes a little more solid than others but for the most part it’s watery. I feed him chick grow/starter 20%. He has plenty of water. He goes outside during the day with my chickens to bathe and scavenge for bugs and such. I fed him spinach and grapes a couple days then stopped because I didn’t know if that was what was causing the poops to be this way. He seems fine but then again I don’t have that much knowledge with raising ducks. Are his poops normal? They’re never green or any color other than brown.

2. Stayc

Stayc Crowing

May 18, 2017
    Keysville Virginia
    If i feed my hens watermelon, grapes, or cucumber they have more watery poops. Especially in the mornings. I would say its the treats. Unless it's constant or bloody i wouldn't stress about it. That's just my opinion, I'm no expert though. Best of luck.

GracieJ likes this.
  3. Bella..

Bella.. Hatching

Apr 3, 2018
    Thank you!! I quit with the snacks right now just to see if that’s what’s causing it

4. chickens really

chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma

Ducks have watery poop because they Consume lots of water. Spinach actually is not good for Birds because it blocks the body from absorbing calcium..Spinach is fine for people. Feed Romain Lettuce, tomatoes and peas..Cooked spaghetti Squash is also great..
    Your Duck sounds fine in my opinion..

GracieJ likes this.
  5. GracieJ

GracieJ Songster

Feb 16, 2018
    Wales, UK
    All depends on what they eat :) they do drink a lot of water and that’s the cause of the runny poo. In addition to this, different foods can cause the poop to look different, be a different colour and smell differently. As another poster said, so long as it’s not bloody or it definitely does not look right, then it’s fine :)

Miss Lydia likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: