1. jamiebartlett

jamiebartlett Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    I have one chicken who we saw have very wattery poop this morning. Is this a cause for concern? I looked around in BYC forum using search info and couldn't really find something for me to go on. She is about 22 weeks old, she just laid her first egg this week. No changes in diet. All I did was put a cement block and a couple of logs in the run yesterday. The weather was pretty warm the last few days, 80 or so. She looks good, perky, comb nice and red. I see on the forum discussions on cocci or worm. Can I treat even if I don't know for sure they have it? What would cause worm in chicken? Thanks, Jamie

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    If it is hot and she is drinking a lot of water, that is likely the cause. If she is eating and acting normal, I wouldn't worry. [​IMG]

3. doghamstyluv95

doghamstyluv95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    If she is drinking a lot and maybe eating tomatoes and stuff like that, that sometimes causes watery poop. It happens to my chickens sometimes. [​IMG]

4. wildflower

wildflower Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    My girls all have watery poop right now, so thanks for the info. It is about a hundred degree's and miserable, they have eaten all of my tomatoes in the last week, so no wonder runny doo. Anyone know about clipping wings. One of my girls made it over a six foot fence yesturday. The neighbors threw her back over, after telling me their dogs killed all of their 15 pullets a couple months ago. I'm not letting my 13 out into the extented yard until I figure our out how to stop them from flying.

5. Nyna

Nyna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2007
    Western Montana
    I heard that one poo to every 10 will be runny and it's normal. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by