Watery Poop

redjeepxj

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 10, 2013
Hampton Roads, VA
I have a Silver Laced Wyandotte about 1.5 year old roughly 3-4 lbs, that has had watery poop going on a couple weeks now (that I have noticed). About 3 week ago I noticed she was not sleeping on the roost bar and was losing balance and dropping her wings, acting very weak. I picked her up and noticed she was very light compared to the other birds. I separated her from the others in a dog crate and started her on valbazen wormer with a 1/4 cc dose followed by another dose 10 days later. After no real change after the 2nd dose of wormer I starter her on Metronidazole to see if it was infection related. She is on the 5th day of the antibiotic, half a 250mg a day with a full tablet the first day. I haven't noticed any change at this point for better or worse. She eats normally (Layer Pellets) and drinks a lot of water. Water has always had ACV added, during this time I have also used the sav-a-chick electrolyte mix. The only time she has solid poop is in the morning. She does get out daily and pecks around the yard, she just runs out of energy and will sit down or start walking around with her wings slightly down. All other chickens are doing fine, wormer was started on them just in case.

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom